Wednesday 23 March 2011

Story Board

Story Board
I started off with researching the genre of the movie that I was going to do. I chose the horror movie so I had a look at the following teaser trailers:
• Saw 3
• Crazies
• Psycho
• Wrong Turn
• The Grudge
• Drag me to Hell
• The Ring

These teaser trailers gave me the idea of how to create one. It showed me that in every trailer the good and quite important bits are shown but the actual story it’s not given away. It also thought me that there is a lot of quick takes I mean something like less than a second just to keep the trailer going and keep the audience envious. Also the music that is playing its matching it fits exactly on action that is going on in the teaser trailer. Sometimes there are voice over that explain to u what the movie is about which I find very interesting as the trailer leaves the audience thinking about it.

The Story board I have drawn is I have planned to record my movie like. There is about 20 scenes/quick takes that I will have to record to achieve what I have planned. My story board has some voice over’s and I’m keeping them very short such as 3 words maximum. Also all the takes will not be longer than 2 seconds except two of them where I have to show what the point of this teaser trailer is. The story board helps me keep track of what I’m going to record first but in my case it doesn’t have to be the same as in the story board.

No comments:

Post a Comment