Thursday 24 March 2011

Poster

The poster was a really difficult matter to deal with. I have researched many posters that are horror movie posters and all of them have different views on how they will portray its movie. The movie poster has to be really good as its going be presented to audience before the movie comes out and during the movie being at cinemas. There is a strong link between posters and the audience because if a potential customer sees a good attractive poster he might go and see that movie, if the poster looks different and not attractive the person might not want to go and see that movie that’s why the movie poster has to be very suitable and presentable. In my opinion good poster has to have 5 attributes that will make the poster complete

1. Does the job quickly
2. It gets attention
3. Its convincing
4. It effectively uses color
5. It is simple

Posters job is to communicate with audience quickly and efficiently. Many people think they have to put as much as possible in their poster which is not true. However, trying to put too much information, or too many images, into your poster will make it look complicated and cluttered. A cluttered poster cannot talk to its audience quickly, which stops it from doing its designated job. A good poster is simple and effective. It tells everyone who looks at it what they are supposed to know right away. Considering my poster which I tried to make as simple as possible just because I think that if there is too much information presented it will not be as effective and attractive.

A good poster is attractive enough to bring and attract targeted audience. Poster has to have to all main elements included into the poster that will talk your targeted audience and make them look at the poster and get the information you want them to have. It is always good to put on the poster something that will bring attention to the audience such as catchy quotes such as my one ‘When the crime is society there is no justice’. Also some interesting information can be put in that relates to the movie. You can also include a picture or image that is attention grabbing and in the same time that is doing its purpose.

As we already said, I do not want to include too much information in my poster. However, I had to give readers enough to convince them that what I’m saying is accurate. I used short but strong statements to back up my claims because picture and the title it’s not good enough to convince the audience to see the movie. I was also careful not to put too much information in there in case I confuse the audience. Also very careful that I don’t put anything in the poster that I cannot claim or defend. Sometimes it is best just to use what u need to get message across to your audience.

Black and white posters are not nearly as effective as color posters. A poster that uses color into its scheme will attract many more viewers. Full color poster is much more powerful and will have a much stronger impact on audience. Color should be used in a strategic way and not just played around with; however, using the wrong colors could backfire on the movie as it might not represent the movie the right way. E.g. for a horror movie like mine its common sense that I have to use dark colors such as black, there is blood in my movie so I will use a little bit of red to emphasize the death.

Some of the most effective posters are surprisingly simple. Some posters do not even have any text at all, just some well placed images and strategically chosen colors. I'm not saying you shouldn't use words on your poster but always try to keep your poster as simple as you can, while still putting your message across. Each poster that you design should have one strong message; do not try to do too much with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment