Thursday 5 May 2011

Creating a Magazine Cover

I have resarched some of the major magazine covers which i have taken into considiration when making my magazine. i have looked at the verious versions of ''Movie'' and ''Empire'' magazines. This has given me one step forward becouse i had an idea of how im gona do my magazine cover. Here below are some expaples of what i have looked at:

Batman, The Dark Night



This cover has Batman in the middle which is spot on recognizeable and everyone can see that is Batman. That was my aim as well to put the face of my main character in the middle of the page so it catches peoples eyes. In this poster i also like how the text is placed and also how there isnt much of it.

Tron Legacy



I like this cover becouse again the main character again is in the middle of the poster. Especially in this one i like the way the title above his head is placed and at the bottom the way the movie name is place. One thing i dont like is the text on the side that goies on his face. By this time my idea is put put my character in the middle of the page tittle at the top and movie name at the bottom. Also i did not like where they put the barcode, but my conclusion after looking at the many magazine covers is that magzines dont look where they put thair barcodes as long as the cover looks good.

King Kong



I dont really like this cover but i just wanted to use it as an example of what im not gona do. i realised that putting small picture around lots of text is not very good becouse its not eye catching. Also its not very attractive i did not like the way they put the yellow text as well, i dont think it goes with the King Kong connotations. Also there is no where to be seen the Gorila which is famous to be in the King Kong movie. im trying to say that is not representing anything.

Star Trek



I have really liked this cover as its really simple i was planning to do my cover and looking something like this. I like the way that the title is so big and at the bottom there is the name of the movie in the big letters. This is good advartising of the movie and i really liked the simplicity of it. Also the little text on the side.

I understand that none of these covers are horror movie but i had my own idea and with mixture of these magazine covers i think im able to accomplish my own idea. Which consists of simplisity and putting the main character at the front and making him eye catching.

Bellow i will show some parts of how i created my magazine.



This is the picture i have ised for the magazine cover. I have used similar photos for the poster and magazine becouse i wanted to make it unique picture that will go on the all posters and magazines. this is just because i want to make the unique represantetion of the movie, and that people will recognize it very easy. I have taken this picture by shining the light into the mask in the very dark place.

Title



I have made this title in the Fireworks software which is different from Photoshop (PS). I have created this as simple as possible as it would suit my magazine cover. I also had to make it the reasonable size so it fits the cover. All i had to do is import the file into the photoshop where i was making the magaizne and put it in the right place.

Title of the Movie



I have found this fond on the internet, all i had to do is type in JUSTICE and then it will come up with the the word JUSTICE in the fond that i desired. All i had to do then is copy it into the Fireworks place and then i had to do some adjusments to it. change to colour and size. then i copyed it to the PS and put it in the right place. I like the simplisity of this fond and title.

The actual Magazine Cover



This is my final magazine cover. I have put a big face in the middle and no other pictures around it just text. The reason i did not put any other pictures is becouse i want people to concetrate on this main picture. I have used only one fond throu out the whole cover, i wanted to make it look neat and also i only used 3 colours to make it more serious. I also like how the titles of the movie and magazine fited in they are both eye catching and i like how they are different colour so the audiance can actually see the difference between two. The text on the side, i tryed to make as little text as possible the reason for this is if i have put lots of text around the main picture will not be so catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment