Friday 6 May 2011

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

I have made a good link between my poster, magazine cover and movie trailer. i had the idea of keeping them all on the same lines and keeping them unique so the products can be easily recognizable. I have used a strong combination of my main product with my ancillary texts, as I have made a link between all three. For example, in aim of utilising a particular brand style, I have combined visual aspects of our music video to my poster and magazine cover.

Here is the example of the poster and the magazine:














Both of those have the same title which is easy to recognise. I have kept it the same so its recognisable everywhere. Also the picture its pretty much the same. I have not put the same picture in becouse it has to be a little bit different. If i didnt change that around a little people will not be able to see anything new and they will be stuck with one picture. The shadings on the both products are nearly the same. the Thing i like the most about it is the unique picture and the title of the movie.




This is the scene where i have shown the audiance who is in the movie and how scary it is. This shot is dark which i have done on purpose to show the audiance that this is about the dark horror movie. Also i have shown that who is the main character and what he looks like which is really important. However the main reason i have shown this scene is becouse i have put his face on the front cover of the magazine and the poster as you can see its the same.



This is the time in the trailer where i show the full person and what he looks like. My aim was that he should look scary and like hes going to kill someone which i think i have managed to achive. Aslo by showing this shot it can make the audiance think about this movie and see if they like what they see or not. Just by standing behind these two girls we know that hes up to something suspicius and that hes going todo something bad. This shot connect perfectly with the poster and the magazine cover as you can clearly see his face and recognize him.



This shot is taking to show the action and how it fits the movie genre. I have shown how the main charachter kills the little girl with the bat, he uses variaty of wepons and he will do anything to kill his target. I have recorded this to show audiance the existance of violence in this movie which is a key to the horror movie.



The main reason i have put this writting is becouse the same one is the oone on the poster. I have put this stright in the biggining of the movie so the audinace can recognize the movie straight from the start.



I have put this Title in the end of the movie trailer rather than at the biginning just to make sure that people remember what movie it is. I think by doing this i have left the major impact on the audiance and that they will remember what the movie is called and what is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment