Thursday 5 May 2011

What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

RESARCH

Blogger

The blog (http://www.blogger.com/) has been a significant part of the production of my movie trailer poster and magazine, as I used it to record all aspects of research and planning. To begin with, in terms of movie tralier I used the blog as a way to keep record of all I and my groups planning to show our journey and how we developed and strengthened narrative/costume/actor ideas. Furthermore, I used the blog to record the times which I spend to plan my movie trailer, and eventually shoot and edit. As a result, the planning and shooting of the movie trailer was relatively painless. The blog was also useful because it enabled me to upload photos of possible locations straight onto it, so we could sit down and looks through each shot and decide whether or not the location would be suitable to use or not. Moreover, in terms of recording planning for both my poster and magaizne cover, the blog was great as it enabled me to upload possible covers. As a result, I was able to upload as many possibilities as I wanted to, and it made it easier to decide which faces were the strongest as other people were able to look at my work simply from logging onto the website.

Google

I have used Google in many different ways mainly for simple resarch like resarch what the movies is all about and what i had to do to make my movie, poster and magazine cover perfect. I used Google to research practically everything; genre, teaser trailers, images, posters and film magazines. Being so easy to resarch something like this has made it so much more easier for me to carry on with my projct with no major difficulties.

Youtube

Youtube is very usefull search video engine which has allowed me to find any video i wanted to see. This has helped look at the videos i wanted to see and look at the videos that i wanted to learn from and use the same kind of recorging for my movie. It aslo enabled me to see many dialogs, short clips, speaches and many different things.

EQUIPMENT

I and my group used a Panasonic SDR-S50 digital camera alongside a tripod to shoot movie trailer video. The type of camera used was good as i was able to tilt the camera when necessary in order to gain more interesting shots, zoom in/out or keep a very steady shot when using a tripod. Digital camera also allowed me to review raw footage and thus make progress on the construction of movie trailer. Furthermore, using camera is fast and efficient way to shoot material, therefore if I needed to shoot urgent footage then using a digital camera enabled me to do this. This is due lack of Digital Cameras in the Deparment. The tripod also enabled me to track when appropriate without making the shots too shaky and adjust the height so we could either shoot from a low angle or high angle.

SOFTWARE

The software I used for both of my productions was Adobe Photoshop, and I used a wide range of effects in order to manipulate the images taken from my camera onto Photoshop. The camera I used to take my photographs is a Canon EDS 40D, Digital SLR” and I was able to photograph great images of my main character in many different situations. I had to take about 150 different pictures to find the right one. For example, on Photoshop I used effects such as watercolour in artistic filler pallet to create more mood and emphasis on the mask that my main character is wearing. Also, using different layers I have created the dark effect using a motion blur tool, and the brightness and contrast tool I darkened selected areas of background in the poster and magazine cover.

The use of digital cameras allowed me to take appropriate shots so I could then process them onto my evaluation. Also, Youtube allowed embedding videos of similar genre into my evaluation for comparative purposes. Therefore, this shows how important technologies are in being able to compare my products with others so I can see where I need to improve my products. The use of embedding also allowed me to upload appropriate music videos onto my blog for the planning stages of my movie trailer, poster and magazine cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment